Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 32 Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running a HP Envy 32 monitor and have the problem that the Brightness cannot be saved permanently. Every time the computer is shutdown the monitor brightness is restored with the default value of 90%. This is way to bright and i have to set it on 0%. I have this problem now several years and also never found a solution for it.

Configuration:

- I am running Windows 10 64-bits and have used all the Windows 10 versions up to 20H2.

- The driver i am using is the "very" old driver but the latest on the HP website. (HP ENVY 32 Media Display (Versie 1.0.0.3)

- Computer HP Workstation Z-series.

Link: (Other user with complaint)

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-32-Brightness-setting-doesn-t-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I want to let you know that i have found a solution for the problem that may help others.

Problematic config:

Remote Control > Color Control > Quick View > Custom

Solution

Remote Control > Color Control > Quick View  > Choose Text

Then select or verify that the below option is selected.

Remote Control > Color Control > Neutral

Now the outcome is that the "Brightness" is 0% all the time also after a reboot or switching of the power of the monitor.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Joop2021, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand that the monitor Blurred Fonts Are Displayed on the Monitor brightness is low.

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Select All Control Panel Items.

3. Select Fonts.

4. Select Adjust ClearType text to launch the ClearType Text Tuner.

5. Check Turn on ClearType.

6. Click Next.

7. If Windows detects multiple monitors, select HP 32f, and check the option, "No, only tune the monitor that I select".

8. Click Next.

9. Select the text sample that looks the best.

10. Click Next to finish configuring the ClearType Text Tuner.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I have read the provided solution, but this does not relate to my problem.

The brightness problem i have with my HP Envy 32 LCD monitor is changed by the brightness mode with the HP provided remote control of the monitor.

Clickpath:

-HP Remote Control > Brightness > It says 90% brightness.

-I lower the level to 0%.

-Click Save and Return.

-Click Exit

The brightness level is for that moment "OK" but when i reboot my Windows computer the "Brightness-level" is switched back to 90%. Also when i switch off the monitor with the remote control or i make the monitor "powerless" the brightness-level is swithed to the default 90%.

It looks like the monitor does not store the brightnesslevel in some sort of memory where it can revert back to. It is not operating system related, it is already happing with biosscreen or even without a computer connected.

Is there a solution for this?

HP Recommended

Hi@Joop2021,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

I want to let you know that i have found a solution for the problem that may help others.

Problematic config:

Remote Control > Color Control > Quick View > Custom

Solution

Remote Control > Color Control > Quick View  > Choose Text

Then select or verify that the below option is selected.

Remote Control > Color Control > Neutral

Now the outcome is that the "Brightness" is 0% all the time also after a reboot or switching of the power of the monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.