Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-cm2000 (70W97AV)

My HP Omen 17 has suddenly stopped connecting to my 2nd monitor via HDMI. I have the exact issue as described here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Omen-17-not-sending-HDMI-out-to-sec...

Windows 11 is able to detect that there is a second monitor connected but no signals are going through. I've verified that the monitor and the HDMI cable are fully functional on a different laptop. I've restarted my machine, resinstalled graphics drivers but nothing seems to help. What's interesting is that if I use a USB-C to HDMI adaptor I can connect my 2nd monitor and it functions, could there be an issue with the HDMI port itself ?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi  @Sam872 

try doing an power reset

HP PCs - How to power reset your computer | HP® Support

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi  @Sam872 

try doing an power reset

HP PCs - How to power reset your computer | HP® Support

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, the power reset fixed and now my 2nd monitoring is working over HDMI,

HP Recommended

You're welcome, happy to help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.