Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23cw Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using  Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti graphics card with HP 23CW Monitor.
Sometimes the screen go black then back to normal. It takes place very quickly.

I tried with another monitor (on the right side), but no problem with it.

What I need to do? This is really annoying to use. Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@comehere

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I looked up your details and I'm afraid we don't have any firmware upgrades available for this monitor, 

That said, If you've already checked with an alternate monitor and confirmed that this is the monitor with the issues, I recommend you Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @comehere

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with our monitor going for a second or two and comes back on. 

Kudos to you for trying another monitor.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you updated the graphics driver on your computer?

Have you tried to change the display cable on the monitor?

Have you tried to interchange the display connections on the graphics card?

Recommend you try a different cable to connect the monitor. 

Make sure the cables are secure. 

Interchange the displays and check. 

Do a factory reset on the monitor. (click on the menu button on the monitor and select factory reset.)

For other troubleshooting steps for display issues, please refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
- Driver of my graphics card is in the latest version.
- I tried changing the other HDMI cable but this error still occurs.
- I have tried other connection ports, do a factory reset on monitor but this error still occurs.

I contacted Nvidia and they said that I should update the firmware for my monitor.
I called the HP service center in my country, but they said that they could not help me to update the firmware for it even though my monitor was under warranty.

Can you guide me to update the firmware for my monitor?

Product No: J7Y74AS
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, you can install the driver from this link and check if it helps. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It doesn't working 😞

My computer monitor still has that issues.

I hope that you can help me to update Firmware for my HP 23CW Monitor 😞

HP Recommended

@comehere

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I looked up your details and I'm afraid we don't have any firmware upgrades available for this monitor, 

That said, If you've already checked with an alternate monitor and confirmed that this is the monitor with the issues, I recommend you Contact HP to set up a repair/replacement service:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.