Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0110a

Dear All,

I'm Seeking an information from owners of the HP Pavilion's, All in One, model 27-XA AIO i7. Important is that you are a user of a secondary monitor with your system, which is connected via the HDMI cable.

I'm experiencing a "strange" problem with the picture displayed on my second monitor, the picture is washed out and appears to be over exposed. If i.e. I display an Excel spreadsheet on a main monitor all is OK, but on the secondary monitor the same spreadsheet does not show any of the cell boarders, as well if I display a "colour wheel" on both monitors, the pictures on the on the second monitor colours are distorted and overexposed. After a lot of monitors, cables and motherboard swapping I come to the conclusion (stend to be corrected) that the issue is in the computer and that the HDMI output has a design problem.

Did anyone had observed similar issue? Does anyone experience such problem? Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

PS: my solution, for now, is to use a USB to HDMI converter but this only mask but not resolve/fixes egisting problem!

Kind regards!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Tomaus,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Since the second monitor display seems washed out we need to check if that monitor is gone bad. Kindly share the images of both Monitors.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Elohl_NR ,

Please find attached following picture, they are not the best colour ways, camera angles etc, but I think they demonstrate my issue.

Picture 1 Main Computer - a colour wheel displayed on the All in One

Picture 2 M27fe New Monitor - the same colour wheel displayed on secondary monitor via HDMI cable.

Picture 3 M27fe via laptop - the same colour wheel displayed on new monitor with a laptop as a feed.

As you can see on P2 in particular the yellows and centre of a wheel are washed out, the resolution is not there, if this monitor receives feed from a laptop, it shows colour wheel correctly.

Main Computer_DSCN9649.jpg

M27fe New Monitor_DSCN9650.jpg

M27fe via Laptop_DSCN9652.jpg

 Out of this I concluded that there is nothing wrong with the secondary monitor and as a motherboard of my computer has been replaced as well by HP the only conclusion, I'm drawing is that there is an issue with the computer/motherboard! As both motherboards display the same problem, and a graphics chip is part of the motherboard. I'm attempting to resolve/find a solution to the problem as currently, as a solution to resolve/mask this problem I'm using a USB to HDMI converter to feed my secondary monitor so I can obtain a good quality picture on it and be able to work comfortably.

I hope this demonstrate and explain my issue in detail.

HP Recommended

Hi @Tomaus,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a display quality issue with your extended monitor from PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

Update the BIOS & Video card  drivers:

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

If the issue persists, then the PC needs to be sent to HP Service  Centre to get it repaired,  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.