Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0255st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to use the built-in webcam, can't find any settings under Windows (or Skype).  I found the Privacy under Settings (from START), everything is checked to ON.  Just can't get anything out of it...no light, no nothing.  It acts like the camera isn't there.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@P40WARHAWK

I reviewed your post and I understand you are unable to use the webcam on the monitor.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

When you press the monitor top is the webcam popping up? If yes, the is camera app opening?

Are you using multiple displays on your computer?

Is the monitor connected to a desktop or a laptop?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right-click the Windows desktop and select Display settings.

2. Select the 43 inch monitor and scroll down to the Multiple displays section.

3. From the drop-down menu, select Extend desktop to this display.

4. Select the Make this my main display check box.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

extending the desktop did not correct the webcam not working

HP Recommended

I have 2 HP monitors.  Desktop unit.  I have everything you mentioned already set.  Camera does nothing when pulled up from the back of monitor, no light, nothing.  Windows, Skype, and other do not even recognize the camera.

HP Recommended

@P40WARHAWK

Is the webcam detected in the device manager?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

first off all I have are questions and some facts.

monitors as class, come with that or not, some even used a dummy cam , in the slot (fake) to keep plastic bezel costs lower.

and is more green, that.

so on you monitor it has a service  tag and a #ABA  model code, what is your code, these codes tell what was shipped new.

monitors can have 1 or 4vide ports, 1 or all 4, and is also in the ABA# code.

and even monitors outside USA and not the same at all.

5FW74A8#ABA ??????????? this one??????????????????????

it has cam

and need special drivers to do all that, did you make sure this.

the PC is w10 sure.

the PC is fully connected to the monitor with what? most cams need USB to work.

HDMI or DP?

I do not know if the cam runs off USB port or via DP or HDMI or USB-C. ,

page 1 in the manual, shocking.

Pull the pop-up camera straight up to enable the camera and microphones. When the camera is in hidden position, it is disabled. The camera has a 1080p resolution with two noise-canceling microphones.

and

For most collaboration software solutions, go to video settings and select HP Display Camera for your video device.

HP S430c 43.4-inch Curved Ultrawide Monitor

read this yet

https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c06719468

for sure, read that. first and make sure connections from PC to monitor are correct and none missing needed to do this.

last or first?

OSD

use these buttons to navigate through the OSD menu based on the indicators above the buttons that are activated while the OSD menu is open, see if OSD settings are wrong for you, RGB or  IR cam.

I love the cam hiding features,  no way can it work , like that for privacy and security, way to  go Dell.

also in the manual under troubleshooting

it tells you PG30

"The camera and USB ports do not work, but the monitor is turned on

Be sure that the host computer is connected to the monitor with a USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable or a USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable"

so USB is not and option is it.? now.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

why even post lacking what cables are connected PC to monitor.

I think you failed to RTM how to  make the camera work, pages.... all... (it is not simple this,,,, 2 cams there and trick rules for sure MS HELLO)

and it needs USB to work,

when plugged in the USB port on the PC goes dingdong if not the port is dead on that PC, use all ports on PC not just one try them all, many a PC made the USB3 drivers  are dead or missing, due to poor OS upgrades from w7 mostly.

wise: make sure all USB ports are NOT dead, and all have valid current working drivers, for that PC.

so USB is first. make that works correcty then be internet connected or PnP will be dead.

then after the USB dingdong happens the RGP and IR camera show up  in device manager, for sure.

test USB ports with mouse or basic keyboard, if fail the port is dead. easy no:?

i bet 2 things, USB not plugged to MON  or the USB port on the PC is dead, (for all those reasons  that)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.