Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP s2031
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to get past blank screen on a new HP z2G4  work station. Monitor works used on previous HP 6540 machine as DVI. 

I'm using DVI to DP cables (tried 3 different brands) and unable to get monitor to recognize DP signal from computer--NO Signal. Unable to get to monitor OSD screen .  

Is this monitor incompatible with DP?

How can I change monitor recognition when I can't open the OSD screen?

thanks for looking at this.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

try the folloiwng;

1. If the OSD is locked, press and hold the Menu button for 10 seconds to unlock the OSD.
  2. If the OSD is unlocked, press and hold the Menu button for 10 seconds to lock the OSD.
HP Recommended

The OSD does not come up after 10 swcs or 30 secs, with computer on or off. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.