Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w1907
Microsoft Windows XP

I salvaged this monitor from the dump.  I hate seeing electronics going to the land fill.   It is in excellent condition other than not working.  I would like to see if I can make repairs.

When I push the power button on the monitor it turns blue for about 3 secounds and then goes out for 1 secound and then back on...  Over and over.  It doesn't responde when I push the menu or any other buttons.

I have connected other monitor to PC using same cables and it works fine.

Any ideas on what I should consider in attempting to make repairs?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This seems to be a hardware issue. 

Contact HP support team for the best possible options.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This seems to be a hardware issue. 

Contact HP support team for the best possible options.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"This seems to be a hardware issue. "

You hit that nail on the head.  But I doubt HP will provide any help ie. a schematic.   The PC suppeliers want us to dump their underdeveloped, untested hard ware in the dump and purchase the next generation of crap!

I disassembled the monitor and put votage to the back lights, and they lit up bright!  A close look at  the PCB revealed 3 bulging CAPs.  The Caps are easy enough to replace,  but I'm going to have to go through the whole circuit.  I'm going to have to put this prodject on the back burner because my $8.00 multimeter and $3.00 soldering iron wasn't desigined  for this job

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.