Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w1907v monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i'm setting up my dual monitor setup for my custom built desktop pc, i found this w1907v Monitor in my basement, and i tried to set up it, the screen asks for a 1440x900 screen resolution. I setted up the monitor, and tried to connect it to my computer. After setting the correct resolution, the monitor says that the resolution is over the limit. 

I'm using a Windows 10 PC with an Nvidia RTX graphics card.

thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ShikderAka
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried with default display resolution?
  • Have you updated the display drivers?

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also refer to this document "Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 8): https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, i've updated the drivers and tried the default resolution, the screen is still not working. The real problem is, to extend these screens, but the HP screen works only by using the option to display the same image on each screen

HP Recommended

@ShikderAka
Have you tried changing the extended display resolution setting?

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  2. Under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution. ...
  3. Use the Multiple displays drop-down list to select one of the following options: ...
  4. (Optional) To adjust the resolution, select a monitor and choose a resolution from the drop-down list.

To rearrange monitors on Windows 10, use these steps: (windows central)

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on System.
  3. Click on Display.
  4. Under the "Select and rearrange displays" section, drag and drop each display to rearrange them according to their physical layout on your desktop.
    click the Identify button to know the display connected.

5. Click the Apply button. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It worked, thanks!

HP Recommended

@ShikderAka
Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day! 
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.