Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP w2007v Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There

Please i need help fixing my HP monitor w2007v. It came with an HP desktop i bought lots of years back.

I bought a graphics card Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB. Its only about a year old. Also I am using the old monitor HP w2007v and it is set at 1680*1050- 60Hz. With my new desktop (Not an HP). I I have started to experience screen blacking out momentarily when playing pc games on my desktop. The games are not that demanding and one of them was published on 2017. My processor is AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.7GHz and I have 8GB RAM. Win 10.

The blacking out  only happens momentarily when playing games and it counties to get worst while playing. I opened task manager and it was not blacking out. Only when playing games this monitor blacks out This only happens when gaming.

I have checked the cables and games are compatible. My G card is new and i am not overclocking it.  

My main question is this because the monitor is old ? Or is something else lurking?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Noory123,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Noory123,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing display issues on the monitor when you are playing games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that it only happens when you are playing games, it looks like the monitor is not able to handle the resolution or the game video settings. I recommend you check/reduce the settings and check if it helps.

Also, update the graphics driver on your computer and make sure all the Windows updates are installed on the computer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you The_Fossette

Really appreciate the help.

I did two things:

1- I set up my separate graphic card as main to be used. I think there might have been issues between using the integrated and the main one.

2-I also did reduce the resolution in one game.It worked fine. It also worked fine on another game but i did not reduce this other game's resolution. I dont know what to make of this!! 

It seems to be working fine now.

However the monitor is old may be i should get new one? But this one HP w2007v is very good sound and display. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Noory123,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.