Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 32s display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP32s 32inch monitor while using it the small setupscreen in the lefthand bottom corner randomly comes in view and starts scrolling past all the different menu items and changes the resolution or color setting by itsself there is nobody pushing the buttons what could be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eeprom,

It looks like you were interacting with @Echo_Lake, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure with the monitor button.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Eeprom
Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with the HP 32s Display monitor. This sounds like you may have a faulty switch, but here are some steps we can try to isolate the issue.

• Let’s check is there's something close to your monitor that could be pressed against the menu button. 
  • Also, we can try resetting the monitor to factory settings and check.
  • To reset> open the monitor's OSD menu and select "Reset all Settings." Or, unplug your monitor from your computer and hold the power button for 30 - 60 seconds. This should also reset your screen.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

Only of the 2 buttons work and both of them do the same thing they are the top button and the bottom (on/off) button but both of the show the small display with the 4 icons after that the only screen that comes up is the information screen with the serial number  etc.  fw: WBM111 and s/n CNC8060RY6 turning the screen off is not possible and changing any of the settings is also not possible (holding the on/off for a long time makes on change)so resseting is also not posseble what  should i do next ?

HP Recommended

@Eeprom,

It looks like you were interacting with @Echo_Lake, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure with the monitor button.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks everyone for the great help, HP has replaced my monitor, so thanks HP for the good service

HP Recommended

@Eeprom,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! I have same problem, monitor setup comes by its self, but there is no changes. And I cant make any changes either, power on button doesn't work too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.