Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have an HP340c display connected to a Surface 4 with Win10. When the pc is started after sleep mode, only some of the information comes up and the system locks. If I restart my PC, the screen works fine. I have discovered that if I quit explorer.exe and then explorer.exe (ver. 10.0.17763.107) runs again after the screen has locked, everything works normally. It may appear that explorer.exe is unable to start properly after sleep mode. I do not use Hello nor the camera in the screen. I used to have several other monitors connected to this PC without experiencing this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Kjmork
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you updated your  Surface 4 device?
  • Have you tried updating the drivers?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a screen from HP. Type S340C with product number V4G46AA V4G46AS.

This happen after I installed the screen. There were no problem with the screen I used before.

The PC has the latest version of Win 10 pro, ver. 1809, os-ver 17763.316

Graphicecard PC: Intel Iris Graphics 540 , driverver. 24.20.100.6299

The drivers for the screen is downloadet from HPs supportsite. Date 20.07.2016, ver. 1.0.0.0

When the machine wakes up after sleep mode, the system seems to hang on explorer.exe (ver. 10.0.17763.107). If I exit this program and restart it, the screen will come up as it should.

HP Recommended

@Kjmork

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Have you upgraded OS from windows 10 to windows 10 pro?

If yes, I would recommend please install original shipped OS windows 10 or windows 8. Also, as you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps, it sounds like a software driver related issue with the unit. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The PC was shipped with Windows 10 Pro.
The only driver I have changed after the installation of the screen is the display driver from HP and it is reasonably old.

HP Recommended

@Kjmork

Let's try updating the Display monitor firmware: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After installing this software package, the monitor works better after sleep mode. It comes up as it should, but it takes a long time before it is ready for use. In addition, all windows with open programs are placed in the upper left corner of the screen where they overlap. This happens no matter how they were placed on the screen when I left it.
When I installed the software package, I got the message "fail" at the end of the installation.

HP Recommended

@Kjmork

Let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click
“Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.