Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP727
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I can connect from my laptop USB3.1 port to Display Port on the brand new  HP monitor.  However when I try to connect via the same USB port to the mini-Display Port the PC does not detect the monitor screen.

The cable is brand new : USB 3.1 Type-c (Thunderbolt compatible Mini DisplayPort 4k 60 hz Cable Adapter

So does this mean the Mini DisplayPort on the HP monitor is at fault?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sammisam

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

To assist you better please provide me with the complete Product Model or the Product Number of the Monitor

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, this is the product number:  2TB68A4   2TB68AT

HP Recommended

@sammisam

Are you using an HP Computer to connect the monitor?

Have you check with a different USB Type C to Mini Display port cable to ensure it's not a cable issue?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using a brand new HUAWEI Matebook Pro.  The USB port works fine as I can connect to the large display port without issue.

So the problem would seem to lie with either the HP monitor or the cable.    The cable is brand new as is the monitor.  So clearly one of them is at fault. 

I do not have access to another cable.   

Maybe the underlying issue is that HP do not provide a full selection of cables with the monitor supplied. 

HP Recommended

@sammisam

Unfortunately right now the only to diagnose the issue is to try with a different cable

If the issue turns out to be with the Monitor then I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.