Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27es 27inch Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So yesterday I got all my new pc parts to upgrade my pc. I replaced basically everything but the case and solid state drive. I've gone over ALL part placements, wire conncections, and checked that they are all seated. The CPU and GPU both have LEDs on and get power. The case fans get power as well, so the motherboard does too. I've consulted with 2 other friends of friends and tried taking the motherboard battery out and in, switching hdmi cables, different ports, different pci ports for gpu, a second monitor... you name it. Out of the 3 of us and our knowledge the pc should give me video and work. Yet it still says hdmi 1 and 2 inactive on status and on the screen it says "Input signal not found" "check the video cables and video sources"  The monitors and hdmi cables I'm using rn are the same ones I used before I got my new parts and they were working fine then. So i know they work

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

the only thing hooked into the pc when I try to get video is the monitor, keyboard, and ethernet cable. Says the same error. **I should mention this is a custom built pc I'm just using an hp monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.