Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slimline 290-a0xxx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My PC has HDMI port as does TV.. Previous attempts to get it to work  have not succeeded -  Windows blue logo screen is the only thing that shows up.

HOW can I get the computer  to send the images and sound from  the PC's  HDMI port instead of the VGA port to the TV HDMI input? The TV is not smart  and has no USB port or other of the newer  inputs, so the HDMI i

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@braxx201 

Do you use HDMI to HDMI cable ? I don't know what is your TV but on some older TV's you have to tell them to accept signals from a computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.