Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I connect a second monitor to HP Envy BT23-n110xt all in one PC. I tried both HDMI and display port cables with no success. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the HP-All-in-One 27-dp0xx computer and managed to hook it up to my Dell P2418HT touchscreen via the USB and HDMI Cable. The way I did it was to unplug and replug the HDMI cable into the back of the HP computer about 100 times. Then it worked for two days before reverting back to the "Cannot detect HDMI signal from your device" message on the dell monitor.

I have concluded that HP does not know how to manufacture a computer that plays well with plug and play devices. It is nice to see that as soon as I plug the HDMI cable into my cheap chromebook laptop, the HDMI signal is recognized immediately. But when I plug that cable into the HP all in one computer, all I get I a windows chime indicating it knows I've connected something and the monitor pops on to tell me it is trying to detect the HDMI signal before it ultimately fails for the 1,000th time today.

HP Recommended

Okay, I must confess here. While my dell touch screen worked flawlessly when the HDMI cable was plugged into my chrome book, I brought up a second HP all in One computer and could not get the HDMI output signal detected from that device either.  So, I removed the panel from the back of the dell monitor an lo and behold the HDMI cable was half way out of the port. 

I pushed it in and it went back to working.  In my defense, I had assumed it ceased to work when my HP's display went black (only the cursor was visible). Now, I think perhaps the HP display went black because the HDMI cable was half in and half out of the dell display port. 

Anyways, I take back what I said about them not knowing how to make a plug and play friendly device. Though I am not excusing the tech support guy trying to sell me a service plan so they can test my software....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.