Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my TV stopped working and I'm wanting to connect my PS4 to my computer monitor via HDMI. The problem is that I don't think my computer even recognizes my HDMI for some reason. I plug it in and get nothing, not even a notification of something being plugged in.

I tried to connect it a few times when I first got the computer but it didn't work then either.

I heard that All in One computers usually have a button you push to start viewing via HDMI, but I haven't found one. 

As a last resort I tried turning off my PC, plugging my HDMI in and then starting my computer back up. Nothing. 

Any suggestions? 

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@AlexSivef

There should be two more digits and possible a w at the end of the product name. Please post it.

1.  The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

The HP Recline, 27 TouchSmart and the Omni 27 have an HDMI input port that can be selected by the menu keys on the side of the display.  

The HP AIO 23-1xx PCs do not have an HDMI input port, they have an HDMI output.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your HP 23-q1 ? Your machine may be similar with the following one:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04822611

Which has:

Figure : MarcusT back I/O ports
MarcusT back I/O ports
  1. DC power input
  2. Power activity LED
  3. LAN (Ethernet)
  4. USB 2.0: 4
  5. HDMI
And its HDMI port #5 above) is HDMI out port, connect 2 HPDI out ports together won't give any result.

Regards.
BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I bought 1 week ago hp Product number: N1N13AV
and have the same issue 

HP Recommended
I have a HP Pavilion 23-q110na All in One Pc. I am also trying to connect my PS4 to the monitor using a HDMI cable. But now I don't know how to switch from pc screen to the hdmi cable? There isn't any other buttons on my pc other than the power off/on. Is there a button I can press? Or a setting that I can find that will switch to the hdmi cable?
HP Recommended

@abzman16

Your machine can't do that, it does not have HDMI IN port. It only has HDMI OUT port. Connecting two out ports together won't let you go to anywhere.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04800061

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
So what if I used a VGA Cable that Had an Hdmi Cable at the other end? Would that Work?
HP Recommended
Can you Suggest anything that could work? I really don't want to spend money on another Tv.
Many Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, that is still OUT port.

Updated after reading more question: No, as I know they do not make this kind of adapter, they make monitors.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
**bleep**!!! So what do you suggest?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.