Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi.  I recently bought an HP All in One pavillion so that I can use the screen to work from home and connect my laptop.  From other forums it looks like this isnt possible because the HDMI port is only an OUT port?  How were we supposed to know that before purchasing the PC?  Is there any other way to connect?  I can't afford to buy another screen and it may be too late to return the new PC.

HP Recommended

Did you figure out a solution in the end? Thanks

HP Recommended
No, Sadly I had to purchase another Tv. I did not want to use Other types of Connectors.
HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended

were there other connectors that could have helped? 

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem - unable to connect a PS4 to my HP all in 1 via HDMI. Previous posts suggest this is not possible due to them both having Out HDMI ports. Is there any possible solution to this please? Thanks 

HP Recommended

Had the same issue. Dont know why HP Pavilion All-in-one didn't have this HDMI option as output  - it puzzles me. Anyways, I did find a way to get by it. 

Download PS4 Remote Play Software https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net... 

to your PC and I used this users instrusctions to get connected. 

https://youtu.be/M_0ujadlksw 

How To Connect PS4 To Laptop - Playstation 4 Remote Play PC & Mac

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

what about the all in one 24-g018 does it have an hdmi input or just output ?

HP Recommended

The HP 24-g018 also has an HDMI output port.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I HAVE THE SAME PROBBLEM WHIT MY PC PS4 THE PC NOT WORTH THE MONEY ALL IN ONE NAW TRY JUST ONE PC ALL IN ONE STANDS FOR EVERYTHING NOT SOME I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU GUYS TO MAKE AN RECALL ON THE PC OR I MAKE A VID ABOUT IT WHIT OVER 3MIL SUB I BE LEAVE I CAN MAKE THE SALES GO DOWN I DONT APPERCATE THIS BUUL YALL CALL ALL IN ONE I WOULD LIKE A FULL REFUND DUE TO ON THE BACK OF MY PC IT DOSNT TELL YOU IN OR OUT FOR THE HDMI PORT WHITCH MEAN I HAVE THE RITE AS AN CUSTOMER TO ASK FOR N RECALL OR REFUND.THE RECALL IS FOR DUE TO THE LAST MODELS OF AN ALL IN ONE REALY HADE EVERYTHING AN ALL IN ONE SUPPOSE TO HAVE LIKE HDMI 1AND 2 WHITCH WAS IN AND OUT TECH SUPPOSE UP UPGRADE NOT DOWN GRADE MAKE IT BATTER NOT BADDER 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.