Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
32q
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The user manual is pretty bad for the 32q. I don't get the little three item toolbar that pops up when I press either the "+" or "-" buttons, or even the top button, or how to positively switch between HDMI1 and Display Port.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying.  I can feel your frustration.  The first line of support techs are trained to use the support pages as the source. 

Many customers are not aware of the manuals and do not use the support pages to their advantage, so that is the first place to steer the customer.  Sorry, that in this case, the manual is in error on the particular point that was in question.

Do not loose heart.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Here is the user guide for that model

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05163660

There is a picture on page 3 showing the location of the buttons with an explanation below the picture.

For the "Minus Button" it also states

If the OSD menu is inactive, press to advance to the next active input port (HDMI, DisplayPort)

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Pushing the button once just puts a three item toolbar on the right side of the screen. There's no explanation of what those three icons are or how to get to them. Pressing the "-" again within a short time does advance the input to the next. Pushing it twice quickly does the same.

The manual is pathetic and so is their tech support. The Indian guy on the phone had no familiarity with the monitor at all but their answer is to remote in and take over your machine. I've found no videos that discuss the monitor in depth either. There's discussion of an audio menu in the user guide as well, which I haven't found. That falsely made me believe there would at least be an audio out jack since all inputs carry audio.

HP is aggrivating. Any way to save a buck...

HP Recommended

I cannot say as to the HP policy for the guide but it does appear that the discussion found the way to change the inputs.

BTW: that same guide indicates there are two HDMI ports.  Therefore, it would cycle between those three inputs by pressing the "Minus Button".

There evidently are speakers built into the monitor as the guide on page 16, under the heading 3 - Support and troubleshooting.  There also must be a headphone jack but I see no indication for the location.

No speaker volume or lowspeaker volume.
Volume control is turned down.
Adjust the volume control on the bottom left of the frontpanel.
Volume is muted.
Press up on the volume control to unmute the volume.
Volume is turned down in the OSD,
Open the OSD and selectManagement
>
Audio and adjust the volume scale.
Headphones are plugged in.
Unplug the headphones. The speakers are disabled when the headphones are plugged in.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I appreciate your your help, but do you actually have this monitor, or are you reading the manual for me and thinking it's accurate? Thank you but that's what the Indian guys were doing for me on the phone yesterday. Not only are they unfamiliar with their own products, but they had no idea what I was asking. They're totally unskilled, working entirely from "scripts".

I looked pretty closely and don't think the q32 has speakers or a headphones jack, but I may never know for sure. The Amazon/BestBuy reviewers suggest it has no audio out or speakers.

PCMAG review:

"You don't get speakers or an adjustable stand with this model, but it does offer solid image quality and a generous selection of ports for less than $400, making it our top pick for affordable extra-large-screen monitors"

https://www.pcmag.com/review/349153/hp-pavilion-32-display

HP Recommended

To answer "do you actually have this monitor, or are you reading the manual for me and thinking it's accurate?"  No, I do not have this monitor.  I am a volunteer  and rely on the support pages for the model in question.  I am not an HP employee and do not have total access to HP products.  Since you found someone else that has a "hands on" experience for that model, I have to assume that the other person knows better than me.  Please  Excuse the incorrect advise.  Since it does not include speakers then the headphone jack comment is in error.  Sorry.  I strive to do the best I can with the information available to me.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

BTW: In this discussion, I always noted where I got the information that I was posting, which is from the support page:

"Here is the user guide for that model"

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05163660

a picture on page 3

and

on page 16, under the heading 3 - Support and troubleshooting.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, you are awesome at posting your sources and I really appreciate your help. I'm sorry for sounding aggravated. I just expect more from a big company like HP. I've been using their electronic test equipment since the early 80s and their computers for a long time and have seen them grow into a bureaucratic company that's really hard to communicate with. I've watched them make deep sacrifices in their laptops to where I won't buy another. And their tech support is simply the worst, and that includes their high end DL580s & DL380s that we run our databases on.

It's not you I'm aggravated with...cheers brother.

HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying.  I can feel your frustration.  The first line of support techs are trained to use the support pages as the source. 

Many customers are not aware of the manuals and do not use the support pages to their advantage, so that is the first place to steer the customer.  Sorry, that in this case, the manual is in error on the particular point that was in question.

Do not loose heart.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.