Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Mini-in-One 24 Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP Mini-in-One 24" Full HD 1920 x 1080 60Hz Built-in Speakers/Webcam/Microphone IPS Monitor to use as an additional monitor for my home office, but specifically to use for Zoom meetings. I have connected it to my Dell docking station which connects to my Dell Latitude laptop and another screen without a webcam. Everything is working correctly by connecting the HP to the dock with an HDMI cord (speakers/mic, extended displays), but I am having trouble turning on the webcam. What cord do I need to connect to either the dock or the laptop for the camera to be recognized?  Right now, the only camera recognized is the one in the laptop. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try a USB cable from your laptop to the monitor (USB-A to USB-B). You will also need to check the USB connection setting on the monitor itself (the default is USB-C which is a cable inside of the monitor).

HP Recommended

@AJ1979, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This issue is not on the monitor is compatibility between dell notebook & docking station 

I'd suggest you contact Dell support  in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.