Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
E231
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How best to connect a Samsung Galaxy Ion laptop HDMI port to an E231 display? Should I use DVI or DisplayPort? Which connector is recommended? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Paul271 

The specs of your monitor is

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitedisplay-e231-23-inch-led-backlit-monitor/5362819/docume...

It has :

Video signal input
  • Supports VGA analog (cables are provided with select models).
  • Supports DVI digital (cables are provided with select models).
  • Supports DisplayPort digital (cables are provided with select models).

You can use HDMI (from your Samsung) to DVI OR DP cable. You will get same result because all of them use digital signals. HDMI to DP is much simpler, you don't need to use screws

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I have not been able to source any connector that will feed a Samsung Galaxy Ion laptop HDMI output to an E231 DVI or DisplayPort input.

I would be very grateful to know where I can obtain such a cable. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.