Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I find the lock screen key in the upper right corner of my keyboard extremely annoying.  I am constantly locking my screen by accident simply by reaching for a print job or any other mundane moving while working on my PC.  Is there a way to disable that particular key?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mdhilliard

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Are you referring to the computer locking system ( Windows key + L)?
  • Could you please share the picture of the keyboard?
  • Is it a wired or wireless keyboard?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!  Thank you for responding!!  No, I am speaking of an actual key on the upper right corner of the keyboard.  It has a padlock

on it...keyboard3.jpg

HP Recommended

@mdhilliard

Thank you for the picture,
It looks like, the disabling lock key function is not possible on this model. 

However, you can check in the bios on how to disable or enable, the function key (fn) in the BIOS, do the following steps.

1. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
  2. Press the f10 key to open the BIOS setup window. ...
  3. Use the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.