Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 22es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I came home from vacation to find my monitor turning on and off constantly by itself I tried the Power button lock thing but it hasnt worked yet even when I unplug power it Still goes on for a while what should I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AcidGameplay
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable?
  • Are you getting any error message "No input signal"?
  • Did you check with an alternate power source or wall outlet?

While you respond to that,

do the following items to prepare for troubleshooting:

• Turn off the computer.

• Disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse, and keyboard. This includes removing thumb drives and camera-type memory cards.

• If the monitor has a detachable cable, obtain a second monitor cable for testing purposes.

Step 1: Checking the power

Disconnect the video cable from the monitor and make sure the monitor power cable is plugged into a power outlet.

With the monitor plugged in, press the power button on the monitor. There should be a power indicator light located on the monitor case. What happens to the light?

• If power light remains off when you press the power button, either the monitor is not receiving power or the monitor is defective. Check all of the following items before attempting to service or replace the monitor:

• Make sure the power outlet has power and the power outlet matches the power rating for the monitor.

• Connect the a different power outlet.

• Try a different power cord.

• If the light comes on, the monitor has power. Continue to the next Step.

Step 2: Displaying a built-in on-screen message

Use the following steps to see if a built-in on-screen message displays.

1. Connect the video cable and turn on the computer.

2. Turn on the monitor and wait about ten seconds while the computer starts.

3. While the computer is starting, disconnect the video cable. What happens?

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it happens even when i disconnect the hdmi it still happens with other cables i have tried almost all of these i have sadly realized i probably have to take it to a professional since im too scared to take it apart might mess up something its probably with the power supply/motherboard of the monitor simple cable fixes wont help...

HP Recommended

@AcidGameplay

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue with the Monitor, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.