Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Monitor gaming hp 25x

I have connected my PS5 to the monitor (hp 25x) with the HDMI, im trying to use 120hz, I’ve changed to performance mode in the console settings but still capping me at 60hz, why? Any help is appreciated 

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Emanuelesss  -- why?

Is this your monitor: HP 25x | ▤ Full Specifications & Reviews (productz.com)

It states that it is "60 Hertz", not "120".

HP Recommended

Sorry but your link its wrong, it is a 144 hz monitor and i have use it on the pc too

https://www.hp.com/it-it/shop/Product.aspx?id=3WL50AA&opt=ABB&sel=MTO

Check the official hp link, sorry but its the italian page

HP Recommended

@Emanuelesss  -- the US/English web-page: HP 25x 24.5-inch Display - Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

states:

Scan range
Horizontal: 30-167 kHz
Vertical: 48-144 Hz

Recommended resolution (H x V)
1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz (FHD)

So, if the plug-and-play monitor is advertising itself as 60 Hertz, that is what PS5 uses.

Can you connect  your monitor to a Windows PC, to see if Windows finds other resolutions?

HP Recommended

Yes, with the pc it works at 144hz

HP Recommended

@Emanuelesss -- with the pc it works at 144hz

That is both good and bad -- good that the monitor is capable of it, but bad that the PS5 does not currently recognize that. Maybe, you can find a discussion form for "PS5 Video" type of questions/answers ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.