Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
m27ha monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The image setting for display sharpness in the monitor settings resets back to 'soft' after the monitor is powered off. I have to reset it to 'Sharp' after powering it back on. This happens every day. There are no drivers available for this monitor and the Windows resolution setting for the monitor is set to the 'recommended' value of 1920 x 1080. What can I do to ensure the monitor settings on the monitor are retained after the monitor is powered off? I've never had a monitor do this in the past. Please advise. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@RickA999, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

Display Quality Issues

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Your reply was of no help! It does not explain why the monitor resets every time I power off! No matter what I try, I cannot get my settings to 'stick'! Again, since there are no drivers for the monitor and my Windows (10) settings are as described in 'Support', I have to assume there is firmware or something forcing the sharpness setting back to 'soft'. Please dig deeper and provide a good solution, or at least a better explanation. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@RickA999,

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps

1. Press the Auto or Autoselect button on the display.

2. Press Menu, and select Factory Reset.

3. If the display has more than one type of connection available such as VGA, DVI, or HDMI, try a different type of connection.

4. Set the video resolution on the computer to match the native resolution of the display. Find the native resolution for your display from the box the display came in, the Monitor User Guide, or product specifications. To change the display resolution, use the following steps:

1. In Windows 8, press the Windows key  + X key, click Control Panel, find the Appearance and Personalization area, and then click Adjust Screen Resolution.

In Windows 7, click Start , click Control Panel, and click Adjust Screen Resolution in Appearance and Personalization.

2. Move the slider bar until the native resolution for the display is set, and click OK.

If the native display resolution is not one of the settings that you can select or the problem continues, continue to the next step.

5. Make sure the computer is using the latest video display drivers. Download and install the latest video drivers for the graphics adapter installed in the computer. Updating the video drivers to resolve many types of picture quality issues, especially in games. Updating video drivers can provide more display resolutions that might be a better match for your display.

If you have an HP computer, update your video drivers from the HP website. Otherwise you can get the latest updated video drivers from the video hardware manufacturers websites. The following list shows some of the video hardware websites:

• Check for NVIDIA video driver updates at NVIDIA (in English).

• Check for AMD video driver updates at AMD (in English).

• Check for S3 video driver updates at S3 Graphics (in English).

• Check for Intel video support and downloads, Intel Downloads (in English).

6. Fine tune brightness, colors, image position, and contrast using the on-screen buttons on the display. You can find image adjustment information in the display User Guide or in the online support document "Using and Adjusting your Monitor."

7. If you cannot adjust the image to fix the problem, swap the video cable for a shorter video cable to see if the problem is related to the video signal strength. If the picture is better when the cable is replaced, use a better cable.

8. If the image quality problem persists, the display might be defective. Some display quality symptoms that indicate hardware failure are:

• Permanent solid red, green, or blue lines that run across the screen. This indicates that a ground trace has broken: replace the display.

• The display cannot show red, green, or blue, even from the display's on-screen menu. This indicates a main board failure: replace the display or graphics adapter.

• Permanent gray swaths or bands across the screen. This defect is more visible when an all-white background is displayed. This symptom indicates that the polarizing filter is damaged or not aligned correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.