Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-xa0029c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This might be because of overheating but I'm not sure. Under load when playing games, the screen flashes black for 1-2 sec,.initially maybe once every 10 sec, but then increases to the point where it is unusable, about every 3 secones. This only happens when I'm playing games, I can hear the fans spinning clearly, using core temp the CPU doesn't exceed 85 degrees, and the dedicated GPU mx230 doesn't exceed 80 or so, which is not that bad but I cannot find a solution. Any help is appreciated!

THanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

85c is hot in fact near the intel inside hardware throttling point.

why no clean the pc first. all vents and fan blown clean, every inch of that path is first.

the flashing black may be the GPU oveheating, learn  this, the 85c is not dead accurate let me explain the GPU die

may have more hotter hot spots on it, this close to way too hot point.

This is no AAA $60+  prime gaming PC, it is not. so as such can overheat easy try  Furmark app, see it runs ok. with that?

The the GPU maker 80c is not bad, I'd love to hear that conversation.

But yah, clean it first. why delay? heat damages chips, and lowers there life spans this is a fact of life.

this GPU is only a 10watt chip so if hot, that means cooling system failure. IMO. i looked it up  for you.

this GPU is slow at 30 frame per second.  rated poor by millions, lower 10% category. but no game stated, so....

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response! I've cleaned the vents in the back and under the screen. I've run furmark at both 720p and 1080p and the gpu doesn't exceed 64 degrees. Though I'm still experiencing flashing just today. Is there anything else i could try to identify the problem? thank you again!

ps. the games i played are mainly league and valorant so i think it shouldn't be stressing the pc that much, tho i do see about 99% usage of gpu when playing the latter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.