Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a hp 30l pc connected to my hp x24ih monitor using hdmi to it and it works perfectly fine. While i also use the x24 monitor for work also which ive been having to switch hdmi cords at the back constantly, so i bought a hdmi to display port to plug in the back to switch between the two when i need to but when i have it connected it says that the display port is inactive, even when i have my computer on while the hdmi is active and works. I have tested the converter to make sure its not that, even testing the display port on my computer with it. It seems that the display port on my moniter is not working or something. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The function button #4 is used to switch HDMI and DP ports

BeemerBiker_0-1644148673244.png

The user manual states that it can be programed to do something else.

If it does not work then make sure it is set to switch input.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I have tried that, when I switch input to display port it will say that it is inactive.

HP Recommended

You might try a DVD player or Xbox type console to verify the monitor has the problem and not just a weak video signal from the other device

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Just tried it and did not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.