Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 25x Moniter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recieved a second HP 25x moniter as a gift and once I plugged both moniters in to an HDMI switch, I get an input out of range error. It states tge cuttent mode as H = 67.4kHZ V = 30hz and to change mode to 1920x1080 60Hz. Problem is, I have looked throughout the web and used the whole Windows safe mode strategy but nothing seems to work. Is it a problem with my switch? Or is there something I need to change in my moniter? Is there something I should do on my PC to make both moniters work at the same time?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Upon further toying and research, I had managed to get the displays to mirror each other. Since I was trying to get a true two monitor setup, that wasnt going to cut it. I eventually bought a displayport cable and connected one moniter via hdmi and the other via displayport and it gave me the results I was looking for. 

Ill mark the thread as solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the error does not lie

old monitors do not like new PC,  10,000 old models of mon fail

the cure is simple lower the resolution on the PC to mon, max reso spec.

what switch none told.  and yes,

how can any switch tell any PC there are  2 different monitors there,  the edid can not  do that..

I can not see what you have there, in total. for sure both monitor models and what switch this is.

sorry, for bad help,  cant see it. (eyes blind now)

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Upon further toying and research, I had managed to get the displays to mirror each other. Since I was trying to get a true two monitor setup, that wasnt going to cut it. I eventually bought a displayport cable and connected one moniter via hdmi and the other via displayport and it gave me the results I was looking for. 

Ill mark the thread as solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.