Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
edited*
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got this old monitor with a vga cable that i connect to a dvi d to vga adapter and then when i start up my computer and login there comes up a sign that says Input Signal Out of Range—Change resolution setting to 1440 x 900 – 60Hz and i have a black bar on the side of my screen and i also cant see everything on the screen for example the turn off/restart button.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Isaclarsson22 Welcome to HP Community!

Does the monitor work fine on a desktop or any alternate product? Or do you get similar errors?

Have you attempted to connect an alternate adapter instead of the one being used?

Did you change the default resolution of your PS4 to the lowest available to match the specifications of your monitor?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

• 1600 x 900 factory-set resolution on your HP 2009v monitor,

That said, This behavior with the "Signal Out of Range" can occur if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the new monitor. The video adapter setting for updating the screen (the refresh rate) is incompatible with the monitor.

To resolve this behavior, either change the refresh rate or change the video adapter settings.
To change the refresh rate:

1. Restart the computer, and while it is restarting, press F8 until the Startup menu appears. Press 3, and then press ENTER to start the computer in Safe mode.
  2. Right-click the desktop, click Properties, and then click Settings.
  3. Click Advanced, click Adapter, and then click Adapter Default from the Refresh Rate list.
  4. Click OK, click OK again, and then click Yes to restart the computer in Normal mode.

You can set the colors and screen area to your preferences under Display Properties.

For more steps: Click here to troubleshoot.

If the monitor works fine on an alternate device, please Contact Sony for assistance with the PS4.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.