Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-12-2020 12:41 PM
The integrated mic stopped working. The mic along with video and speakers are recognized by Windows.
08-15-2020 09:44 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- Step 1: Check the microphone hardware (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
- Step 2: Update the audio driver
- Step 3: Use the Troubleshooting tool
- Step 4: Configure the sound settings in Windows
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03421813 to complete the troubleshooting step.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
08-17-2020 03:19 PM
• Last worked on 7/28/2020 after switched upstream video sources to USB-B.
• Last Windows 10 Version 1909 update was on 8/11/2020 (KB4565351)
• No hardware/software changes? No
• No changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue? No
• When was the last time it worked fine? 08/04/2020
System sees the mic
08-18-2020 03:24 PM
@DaveD1973 I have a few steps to help you out:
The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.
Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.
The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:
- Open Settings from your start menu.
- Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
- Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
- Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
- Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.
If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.
- Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
- Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
- Left-click on your recording device.
- In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
- delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
09-10-2020 09:53 AM
Thank you for posting back.
Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee