Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omni 120-1103el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Good evening, I have an Omni 120-1103el all in one and after the update to Windows 10, if i put the computer in sleep mode, when i wake it up, the screen shows cycling colors on the screen (black-white-red-green-blue) and i can't do nothing until i do a restart. I tried finding drivers update from the website, but HP never relased Windows 10 drivers for this machine. Very strange! also, on the website, there isn't the bios update section... very strange too! Please help me, i really need to solve this problem If you want, i can send a video which shows what happens to the pc. Thanks in advance, Mario.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mari0_pec Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Intermittent colors on display after wake from sleep mode.

Please let us know when was working before.

Have you made any changes to the computer?

This model has not tested for windows 10 operating systems. Please see the following link.

You have to roll back to the previous windows version.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi

Before all was working fine, i just updated the ram from 4gb to 6gb three years ago. I know that this model is not listed for the Windows 10 update, but personally i think it's a shame that HP refuses to relase drivers update for a pc which can run Windows 10 really well. Also, i cannot install Ubuntu or Kde due to this screen glitching problem, making the machine unusable... And this problem is surely related to the BIOS, since they never updated it.

HP Recommended

@mari0_pec I must say, HP doesn't recommend or support using Ubuntu or Kde either way, although, that doesn't mean we wouldn't help you with this issue, Also, if you feel this is a BIOS related issue, let's start with that, here's what I need you to do:

• If not done already, check if it works fine on the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters)
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

While you respond to that, I have a few more steps that should help: 

Perform a power reset (no data loss) using these steps: Click here, proceed to next step if this works

Attempt to run a test from the HP hardware diagnostic tool, using this link: Click here for details.

If the issue appears on the diagnostics, it could again, determine a hardware failure,

If they don't appear on bios & the hardware tests passed: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website using this link: Click here

if the issue persists, reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue,
use this link for details on performing the recovery: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.