2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Keyboard and mouse stop working when USB flash drive / hard drive is used

HP Recommended
4NN38AA#ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand New 1 day old HP 27 all-in-one - with HP USB wireless keyboard and mouse - everything works fine except when I connect a USB flash drive or WD portable hard drive to another USB port the mouse and keyboard stop working / disappear / freeze - as soon as I remove / disconnect the flash drive / hard drive everything goes back to normal - the only software changes from as shipped product have been to remove McAfee and install Norton and install Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GerryT2
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems the problem is interference between my HP Wireless mouse and keyboard dongle and the USB 3.0 flash drive / Hard drive - I plugged the dongle into a USB 2.0 extension cord and put it on the far side of my computer desk (away from the hard drives) and everything works properly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GerryT2
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems the problem is interference between my HP Wireless mouse and keyboard dongle and the USB 3.0 flash drive / Hard drive - I plugged the dongle into a USB 2.0 extension cord and put it on the far side of my computer desk (away from the hard drives) and everything works properly.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation