Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superelenit
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Laptop does not recogise external monitor (HDMI - DP connection)

HP Recommended
Probook 650 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I  tried to connect my external monitor using HDMI-DP connector.

System is not detecting another monitor. (WIn key + X --> Device manager --> not pound an extra monitor

hp laptop also does not show advanced display settings.

I have tried to update the graphic processor drivers but they are up-to-date,

The monitor DP works ok [conected with a PC (Display port to display port in the PC)].

The HDMI connection from the laptop works well connected with another monitor (HDMI to HDMI in another monitor)

I am using a new adapter DP to HDMI.

Can anyone give some advice? Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
898 887 86 171
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello

this is a DIsplayPort-to-HDMI cable. for my knowledge it should mean that the DP port must be on the computer side and HDMI on the monitor side. this is OK, I often used adapter from DP-to-HDMI.  The opposit for me doesn't work, but I might be wrong.

bye

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
TryToDoMybest
Level 8
898 887 86 171
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

as far as I know you can't have DP from HDMI , with the exception of having an active adapter with is own power supply.

could you please give more information about HDMI-to-DP adapter you are using ? and where do you have connected it , attached to the Probook 650 G5 or attached to the monitor ?

bye

Superelenit
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have a cable from HDMI to DP (conected from the laptop (HDMI) to the monitor (DP)). This one:

https://www.amazon.es/chapado-FOINNEX-DisplayPort-adaptador-transmisi%C3%B3n/dp/B01GHU134I/ref=mp_s_...

TryToDoMybest
Level 8
898 887 86 171
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello

this is a DIsplayPort-to-HDMI cable. for my knowledge it should mean that the DP port must be on the computer side and HDMI on the monitor side. this is OK, I often used adapter from DP-to-HDMI.  The opposit for me doesn't work, but I might be wrong.

bye

View solution in original post

Superelenit
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh! I didn't know that the 'order' of the devices connected does matter. I mean, I though that, with this cable, I could connect same way from laptop (HDMI) to monitor (DP) and vice-versa.

Thanks for the help! 

P.S: I found a VGA cable which I used successfully (both laptop and monitor have VGA ports); I didn't remember I had that VGA cable. Old but gold 😉 

TryToDoMybest
Level 8
898 887 86 171
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

in case you want ot use DP port on the monitor , you could you a USB-C-to-DP adapter , then use the DP-to-DP cable.

at home , I have using monitor with VGA, DVI-D , DP and HMDI.  DP and HDMI with 4K monitor.

VGA and DVI for FHD monitor.

bye

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation