Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Surface Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 monitors connected to my Surface Pro Display "3" is a HP 2009m (I know old-but the setup works with my husbands Surface) - I cannot get the display to work with my new Surface Pro. If I go to Advance Display Settings - Display 3 - it lists the it as HP 2009 - and shows the following says "Display 3 isn't active" how do I fix?

DhHays_0-1592842294198.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DhHays Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to connect the 3 rd monitor.

Extending the desktop

1.                    Click Start , and then click Control Panel. 

2.                    Under Appearance and Personalization, click Adjust screen resolution. ... 

3.                    Use the Multiple displays drop-down list to select one of the following options: ... 

4.                     (Optional) To adjust the resolution, select a monitor and choose a resolution from the drop-down list.

Please refer to the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01950657

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.