Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Monitor for my HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1234 Desktop PC

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1234 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to find out what monitors my computer supports.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,134 6,119 578 1,305
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC supports DVI-D or VGA using video output from the processor.

You have other options such as HDMI if you have installed a graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard. You would have to check the add in graphics card for this.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please:

What does DVI-D stand for?

What is VGA?

What is HDMI

What is PCLe x16?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,134 6,119 578 1,305
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is an image of the video ports available on the rear input/ouput shield for your PC.

Rear IO.PNG

Item 3 is DVI-D.

Item 4 is VGA.

So you need a monitor that supports connecting a DVI-D cable or a VGA cable. Newer monitors usually support HDMI or Display port and maybe DVI-D or DVI-I.

The PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard is used to install a discrete graphics card. Some discrete graphics cards in the 2012/2013 era may support early versions of HDMI. But will support VGA and DVI-D or DVI-I.

So if you use VGA or DVI-D available with your motherboard you will need a monitor having either connectors. Or you can install a compatible graphics card in the PCIe x16 slot on your motherboard that may  support HDMI. There are cable adapters available (VGA or DVI-D to HDMI) but I don't recommend them. Reliability is spotty.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation