Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hi everyone.

My monitor goes into sleep mode about after 10 seconds of blank screen after the windows logo.

The details of my CPU:
Model: HP Pavilion HPE Series
Product No: QS876AA#AB4
Model No: h8-1170d

The monitor is a HP 2311f

I have tried many methods of trying to get past the issue, but none worked. They are:
1. Successfully went into safe mode, however could not perform a system restore due to no 'saved point'.
2. Pressing F8 before the windows logo appears and entered a sort of start-up mode. Chose to run the system in the lowest resolution available, but the problem persists.
3. Leaving the CPU turned on while replugging the monitor from the power. No change.
4. Turned off CPU, unplugged the cord from power, pressed the power button for about 20 seconds, and replugged into power. Problem stays.

Just a little bit of information, I have just finished transporting the two items from one city to another, so could the problem be caused by improper handling of hardware? Also, read somewhere that it could be due to video/graphic card and/or the RAM having the problem, but I'm unsure.

Would really appreciate any productive information contributed. Thank you so much in advance!
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@fernsiaw

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the monitor is going to sleep soon after it's turned on,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help resolve your concern,

Although, to provide an accurate solution I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Have you attempted to connect your PC to an alternate monitor as suggested in the previous posts? if yes, does the other monitor work?

Which Computer do you have connected to this HP monitor?

In the meantime, please try the below steps:

After turning on the computer, a few initial startup screens or text can be seen as the computer starts. However, the Windows desktop never opens. Instead, a message about signal opens from the monitor.

When this happens, the display resolution used by Windows has probably been set to a resolution that cannot be used by the monitor. Use the following steps to see if the monitor can display screens from safe mode:

1. Cycle the power on the monitor as follows:

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Plug in the power cord.

For more steps, Click here

To Troubleshooting sleep and hibernate issues: Click here

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.