Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. The monitor is detected and works with VGA - but doesn't work with HDMI. Regardless of the "age" of the monitor, HP should support such a basic feature. They are really expecting me to just buy new monitors every time an operational system changes? Not a surprise the company is splitting in two, with the CEO choosing to run from this side of the business... it is a shame...

HP Recommended

I echo the post above - my HDMI doesn't work with windows 10 although the VGA does. I use the w2207h monitor as a 3rd monitor - i.e. laptop monitor as #1, another one using the laptop HDMI exit and the w2207h with an USB adapter. The irony is that the USB adapter has an HDMI port. Which means that I need an adapter from HDMI (digital) to VGA (analog) - how silly is that. How a company like HP ignores that monitors that were supposed to last 10 years or more will fail with a new Windows update is just unexpectable. Shame on you HP! 

HP Recommended

Forgot to mention: the “drivers link” on the monitor now sends you to the “Utility Tool” installation process. I installed it and it didn’t recognize the monitor! Unbelievable that the company didn’t even care to test if the new software would detect all their monitors…

HP Recommended

Same issue, solved. 

Reason: 

Driver issue. 

Solution: 

Device manager -  display adaptor -  right click - roll back driver. 

If you need new version of driver, just reinstall. What I provided is a quick solution. 

HP Recommended

I had a similar issue when I switched my second monitor HP 1702 from a laptop setup to my Windows 10 PC. The monitor screen was black despite the green light being on.

Problem solved, I had plugged the VGA cable into the motherboard slot when I should have plugged it into the second VGA slot  on the Graphics card - an adapter was needed to go from the small VGA to the large VGA on the graphics card.

Bazinga !!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.