Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22es 21.5-inch Display
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My monitor has suddenly stopped working. I keep getting 'Input Signal Not Found' message.

When I left it plugged in earlier / connected to my MacBook today, after about 20 minutes it suddenly did work.

After a break, with my MacBook switched off, it's now not working again.

How can I get this repaired?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@IH2909

Thanks for replying!

1) yes its mac OS related, I suggest you check with them for further assistance, considering the issue occurred after the Catalina update.

2) It's not that it wouldn't work, its just that its not tested to work on Mac, so though you can use it and it may work, we don't guarantee function, that said, the monitor seems to be able to adapt to the settings after 20mins or so, maybe a few settings need to be changed on the MAC device for it to work normally again, please check with MAC support as suggested in point 1.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Need to add that I'm 99% sure this is due to upgrade to Catalina on Mac. Have found online that loads of people have the same issues with external monitors not working due to Catalina. Maddening!

Any Catalina-related solutions very welcome!

HP Recommended

@IH2909, Welcome to HP Support Community!

HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. However, newer Macs use graphics with VESA modes and can display to most HP LCD monitors.To do this, connect the monitor to the Mac while the Mac is off, and then turn on the MAC. The monitor should operate at 60Hz. The INF and software for the HP monitor are for Microsoft Windows and cannot be run in a standard MAC OS environment.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi TEJ1602

Thanks for getting back to me, and it's good to have some explanation.

Only two things are very strange:

1) I've used this monitor for over a year, with the same MacBook, with no problems. It only suddenly stopped working when I upgraded my OS to Catalina. I've seen on other forums now that other people have had the same issue . . . seems the problem is with the operating system, not HP, but it's still strange.

2) Now, every time I use my MacBook, the monitor doesn't work at first. Then suddenly, after 20-60 minutes, it starts working. What could be the explanation - do you have any idea?

I have the display set to 60Hz (since yesterday) - no change, though I'm not sure what it was on before. I always do leave the monitor connected before turning the Mac on, but it still takes ages for the monitor to start working.

If you have any further explanation, that would be great. As before, it seems the problem is with the OS (so Apple), but it's interesting to hear from you that HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. Strange that it used to work fine, though!

HP Recommended

@IH2909

Thanks for replying!

1) yes its mac OS related, I suggest you check with them for further assistance, considering the issue occurred after the Catalina update.

2) It's not that it wouldn't work, its just that its not tested to work on Mac, so though you can use it and it may work, we don't guarantee function, that said, the monitor seems to be able to adapt to the settings after 20mins or so, maybe a few settings need to be changed on the MAC device for it to work normally again, please check with MAC support as suggested in point 1.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.