Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My 24ea monitor is showing a 'ghost' message "On-Screen Menus Are Locked" in the middle of the screen. At first it was a Volume display that could not be operated as the cursor just slides underneath it. I fiddled with unnamed switches underneath the monitor and eventually got this latest one. The monitor works as normal underneath the semi-transparent box. I can't get rid of it despite trying a number of online suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
Having already encountered this same type of problem, there may be unfortunately not much that we can do here
For my part, it was getting worse and the screen has become completely useless.
Message on the random screen, then loss of display, extinction etc!
Try what is described in the documents, but the screen probably needs repair!

User Guide

for example

OSD Lockout is displayed.The monitor's OSD Lockout function is enabled.Press and hold the Menu button on the bottom side of the front bezel for 10 seconds to disable the OSD Lockout function.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-24-inch-displays/7274745/model/12781167/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
Having already encountered this same type of problem, there may be unfortunately not much that we can do here
For my part, it was getting worse and the screen has become completely useless.
Message on the random screen, then loss of display, extinction etc!
Try what is described in the documents, but the screen probably needs repair!

User Guide

for example

OSD Lockout is displayed.The monitor's OSD Lockout function is enabled.Press and hold the Menu button on the bottom side of the front bezel for 10 seconds to disable the OSD Lockout function.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-24-inch-displays/7274745/model/12781167/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I think you are right that the monitor will need repair or replacement as I have followed all the guidance in the manual etc. and the best I can do is toggle between the Locked message and a Volume box in the bottom right of the screen. Not sure which is more annoying!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.