Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit, SP2 on an HPd5000t with an HPw2338h monitor with GeForce GTS 250 video card, driver 8.15.11.8627.  Until 2 days ago, when the computer went to sleep so did the monitor with the power button turning from green to yellow.  Now when the computer sleeps, I get a black screen with a moving white box saying "no input signal" with a red, green and blue band at the bottom.  If I try to use the power button, I get the same box with the message "power button lockout".  Other than adding speakers, and Windows updates (since the problem began), there have been no other changes.

How can I get back to a sleeping monitor when appropriate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

With email help from Bibin, I was able to solve my own problem.Bibin suggested the following site:

which led me to the answer.  Using the monitor controls, I went from Menu to OSD to Management and found Power Saver was off.  After setting it to ON, the monitor now sleeps properly.

I hope this may help someone else with the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

With email help from Bibin, I was able to solve my own problem.Bibin suggested the following site:

which led me to the answer.  Using the monitor controls, I went from Menu to OSD to Management and found Power Saver was off.  After setting it to ON, the monitor now sleeps properly.

I hope this may help someone else with the problem.

HP Recommended

I have a HP PAVILION 23-F202A that I set to screen off after 2 minutes of inactivity and sleep after 10 minutes. But even then the monitor screen does not go to sleep. I am worried that it is warming up too much. Grateful for a simple yet effective suggestion. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.