Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My monitor has been blinking orange for the past two days now and it is blank so I haven’t been able to 

do anything on my pc please help me

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2133.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I’ve been having this problem since August of 2023 and no one has gotten back to me yet. I have the same exact monitor and they all went out during this time period huh.

HP Recommended

Hi @bshevema,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

An HP monitor blinking orange (amber) generally indicates a power or connection issue. Here's a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and possibly fix the problem:

Check Power Connections: Ensure the power cable is securely connected to both the monitor and the power outlet. Try plugging the monitor into a different outlet to rule out the possibility of a faulty outlet.

Inspect the Power Cable: Look for any signs of damage or wear on the power cable. If you find any, replace the cable.

Monitor Power Button: Press the monitor power button to see if it turns on. Sometimes, the monitor might be in a power-saving or sleep mode.

Check Video Connections: Ensure the video cable (HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc.) is securely connected to both the monitor and your PC. Try using a different cable or port to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable or port.

Test with Another Device: If possible, connect your monitor to another computer or a laptop. This will help determine if the issue is with the monitor or the original PC.

Hardware Reset: Unplug the monitor from power and any connected devices. Press and hold the power button on the monitor for about 30 seconds to discharge any residual power. Then, reconnect the power and try turning on the monitor again.

Monitor Settings: Some monitors have power settings that can be adjusted through buttons on the monitor itself. Consult your monitor's manual for instructions on accessing these settings, and ensure that it's set up correctly.

Update Graphics Drivers: On the off chance the monitor does display something or if you have a second monitor, ensure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause display issues.

Check for Overheating: Ensure your computer and monitor are not overheating. Excessive heat can cause hardware to malfunction.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying Rachel, but none of these have worked I have decided to just get a new monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.