Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All in one computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The computer turns on, HP logo displays, and then the screen goes blank, well I’m not sure if I should even say blank because the loading icon just spins and spins and spins like it wants to load but it doesn’t. I can’t touch the screen and where I touch it’ll show...... I’ve tried all reboots I can and still nothing 😕 what can it be? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

no model PC no product number told. nnnnnnnABA#

it is not a DEAD PC, just W10 is dead sure. and sorry I am for your plite.😑

It is not blank that is windows crashing,  we cold boot all W10 PCs 3 times to activate the MS w10 auto repair mode.

that is next....

NO PC told as AGE can  not be learned by me.

1: RTC coin cell bad. replace it. (aka, NVRAM CMOS battery )

2: HDD is bad, if is HDD it can be bad at 5year mark (world avg)

3: OS is corrupted . (if HDD passes test run HP recovery)

4: run the HP  diagnostics yet?

5: in my shop I boot the PC with my free, Linux demo , off USB stick. lick TRY ME, i then see desktop I find DISKTEST and test the HDD0,   if fail BINGO,   No OS recovery can work with and bad HDD boot drive, not ever,

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.