Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 23 D-034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I resurrected a Touchsmart Envy 23 d-034 AIO computer. I'm a computer geek, but I've never dealt with MXM video cards before. My motherboard, an IPISB-NK (LAVACA3-SB), has an available MXM slot. From the HP website, I'm not getting much about that slot. I know that I should be able to install a video card there to improve the video performance on the computer. Googling MXM cards I had a lot of info, different form factors, versions, sizes...and I cannot find anywhere information about what MXM video cards are compatible with this computer. I already upgraded the CPU (I3 to I5) and memory (6 to 8 GB). Now it's time to go for the video.Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GBilecki

The following machine (Model 23-D039) has a video card installed

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03534779

You may start from there (with a Radeon HD 7450A card).

Note: Buying MXM video card could be a nightmare because you may not be able to find a shop which stocks them and also note the wattage of video card because your machine only has 150W PSU.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!!...after a lot of research and NOT a lot of information about HP AIO computer's, I decided to go ahead with the upgrade.

I purchased the video card 109-c07751-20 (AMD Radeon HD7450A, with 1 Gb VRAM) and the heatsink 694456-002.

Also I updated the BIOS to the latest 8.17 version.

My total investiment was $20 (paid $12 for the video card and $8 for the heatsink).

At first it didn't work. Had just colours flashing on the screen. Problem was solved when i relocated the display connector from UMA_LVDS to MXM_LVDS (connectors are side by side, located by the MXM socket, at the edge of the motherboard).

My video performance has more than doubled. Still not a gaming computer, but for the modest investment and the use that I have the computer for (some video editing and photographs processing), I'm more than happy.

Now the CPU is just doing what it's supposed to do, and having a dedicated video card helps with the overall system performance. 

The 7450A is a modest card with just 25W power consumption, so I didn't have to replace the power brick.

Working like a champ!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.