Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 24-f0021na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

camera not detected notice.

Followed all steps recommended on HP Support i.e. using Device Manager but no camera detected under Imaging Devices and Sound Video Game Controllers. Also Scan for Hardware Changes showed none. Rebooting computer failed. Have not tried using Restore Points because I have no idea when the camera was working except presumably it was when I bought the computer. What next?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Alan431

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you run a Diagnostics on the Webcam to confirm the Hardware functionality

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Webcam

If the Test pass try performing a Reset and check if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP All in one Desktop and not a Notebook.

How do i run a diagnostic in this case?

HP Recommended

@Alan431

You can run the Diagnostic the same way from F2

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ran diagnostic using F2.

On main menu clicked Component Test but, on next dropdown menu, there was no Webcam heading.

Surely I had one originally - there is space/location for camera with slider to cover it for privacy.

HP Recommended

@Alan431

If the Webcam was working before try a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This seems to me to be difficult option with all apps being deleted and needing reinstalling - and with no surety of a solution.

Not something I feel confident doing myself.
So I might give up on having an HP camera on the desktop and use my iPhone instead - or maybe buy a separate webcam.

HP Recommended

@Alan431 Ensure you backup the personal files into an external storage device before initiating a reset, if you choose to change your mind and perform that steps, as it seems to be the only way out of this situation, considering everything else has already been done, and yes, getting an alternate webcam is an option too.

Either way, let us know what you've decided and if you need anything else, we'll be happy to help, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reset is major task for me especially in setting everything up again after the reset. Lack confidence and knowledge of PC workings etc. to do this and so will not attempt it.

My PC is still under guarantee and I am thinking of putting in a warranty claim. The PC came with Windows 10 and I have automatically had all updates and now no camera. Not sure what else I should have done.

Seems the basic product offering was defective i.e. no camera originally provided or one that would be inoperative after Windows updates.

HP Recommended

@Alan431

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed.

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.