Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-047c and 27es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion 550-047c with HDMI and VGA ports (not yet 2 years old). I just added an HP 27es monitor with HDMI and VGA ports. It works fine with the VGA connection. When I use the HDMI cable, it does not receive an input signal nor recognize the new monitory (when I have both the old VGA monitor connected with the new HDMI monitor).  I have taken these steps to try and solve the issue:

1. The monitor HDMI connection works as does the cable  as the monitor will connect by HDMI cable to my laptop HDMI port.
  2. I installed drivers for the new monitor.
  3. I tried both the monitor's HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 ports with the one port on the PC. I made sure the monitor was synced to the correct port.
  4. I turned everything off and on.
  5. With HP phone tech support, I updated the PC's BIOS.
  6. I ran an extensive scan last night and everything passed.

I cannot test the HDMI on the back of the PC because, other than the laptop, I do not have any other devices with HDMI. How can I make sure the HDMI on the PC port is working? Or,  what else can I try to troubleshoot the connection between the monitor and the PC so HDMI connects?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ovivtopher

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-047c. I read that the new HP 27es 27-inch Display monitor works fine when connected via VGA and there is no display signal when connected via HDMI to the PC.

You connected the new monitor via HDMI to your laptop and it worked fine, updated the BIOS and installed the drivers too. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Let us run the hardware test  on the video and the system board of the PC:
  • Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

Figure : HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the system board and later on the video. The idea of running this test to check if there is any issue with the HDMI port.

Also, I suggest you to review the steps from this HP article to fix HDMI video issues (ignore steps to fix HDMI sound). 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

I performed the Extensive Test, and everything passed. (I did not have all the test options that your image shows.).

HP Recommended

@ovivtopher

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

You could try to use low video resolution.

Connect the monitor with the VGA cable.

• Press windows key in the keyboard.
  • Type screen resolution and open the screen resolution page.
  • Select the drop down list under Resolution.
  • Select 800x600 and click apply.
  • Then connect the HDMI cable and check if the issue is fixed.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This did not work. Still no input signal with the HDMI connections.

HP Recommended

@ovivtopher

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.