Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 795-0039c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I try and update the driver on my computer it goes to black screen and I see no signal to monitor. I have to re-start in safe mode and roll back the driver to get the card to work again. It is a RX 580 (8GB) that came in my HP Envoy 795-039 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

your pc :

795-0039c PC Product Specifications

the driver used is probably not suitable
Use Hp drivers as a priority:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-795-0000-desktop-pc-series/19390486/model/2...

AMD Graphics Driver for VR - RX580 (Windows 10 v1903)

25.20.14016.3003 Rev.A379.4 MBMay 22, 2019Download

Do you use this one well?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes that is the driver I tried, also the folks at HP smartfriends also tried that diver set with the same results. The conclusion was that there is an issue with the graphics card itself and HP is going to replace it under warranty. a new card is suppose to happen next week I will report on the results after it is installed..

HP Recommended

OK, I'm waiting for news

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Finally had the service Tech showed up to replace the graphics card on January 3, 2020. I don't think I will pay to use that service again the experience was quite frustrating. However everything seems to be working now that they replaced the card and installed the latest drivers and software from AMD.   

HP Recommended

Hello
I'm sorry @ can you say more?
Are you talking about paying, the pc was no longer guaranteed?
what was the problem, I'm curious, the card is replaced, the pc works, what went wrong?
Please mark the subject!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

HI sorry it took so long to respond.  The computer was under warranty, but they wanted me to ship it to Texas from Canada to be repaired. I really didn't want to ship my PC internationally so opted to pay $49.99 for in home repair, which was promised to be 2-3 days later.  The repair finally happened 3 weeks later with many call, put on holds and promises of someone will call which never they never did. I have the new card installed drivers and software installed and it seems to be working. Soon I will try and update the software and see what happens. 

HP Recommended

hum sorry for that!
unfortunately it is not my responsibility, there is nothing I can do to make you more satisfied!
maybe you can write here:
https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.