Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I found a similar topic here on the forum and I have exactly the same problem. Have you been able to solve it?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Omen-17-not-sending-HDMI-out-to-sec...

I have an OMEN 17-cb1004nw laptop, when I connect the TV with HDMI>HDMI connector, the picture is displayed (that is, the HDMI connector works)
However, when I connect an additional Asus BE24A monitor to the laptop via HDMI>DVI connector, it does not transmit the image to the monitor. It does not detect this monitor in the system at all. The cable is HDMI>HDMI because there is no such input on the monitor. There is a DVI input and I use a DVI adapter to which I connect the HDMI cable. This is some kind of hardware problem because I have two systems on this laptop (Windows 10 and Linux Mint) and on both it does not detect the monitor at all. This cable configuration is fine because two other older Lenovo laptops detect the monitor and transfer the image. On different systems.
On my HP laptop I have already done BIOS update, graphics card driver update but it still does not help.. I also tried following all the steps from the previous topic but they didn't help either.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sebaaaaaa4 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c06986950

It ONLY has ONE HDMI port, how do you connect the second external monitor using HDMI>DVI cable ? Your machine also has one mini DP port. You can connect to 2 external monitors using easy way.

• M1: mini DP to HDMI
  • M2: HDMI to DVI

Actually your machine can connect more monitors using Thunderbolt™ 3 port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I know about it. I want to connect 1 additional monitor to the laptop via HDMI input, not 2 additional monitors. I may have written it incomprehensibly but I'm typing through the translator.

I ordered a mini DP > DP cable because I have a mini DP input on my laptop, and the monitor has DP. I hope the monitor will run properly on this cable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.