Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Can someone from the forum staff please get us an update?

This has been going on for way too long now. I still have my monitor and it still has the firmware issue. I really need that fix they said they were looking into.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Still no fix?

Hp, please stop ignoring the problem. Can we get an official response on what's happening?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

This has been going on for far too long now. We've all bought this product and have been polite and patient with the situation, but it's pretty clear that nothing is being done to help.

We need a fix for the buggy firmware.

We've been told the engineers are looking into it, but that was months ago. Can we get an update please?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Are there amy news?

Cause recently i bought hp-22fw, and facing the same issue, of enabling game mode - freesync and not be able to customise the display settings... Game mode looks really bad to me.

HP Recommended

No news other than HP's tactic has just been to ignore this and try to sweep it under the rug. They've done everything they can to be frustrating to deal with. I would just recommend not buying from them in future as their customer service is crap. I know I won't be. Good luck..

HP Recommended

I've returned hp 22fw back to the shop. 

And took Acer vg240yu. Setting out of box are perfect to me. And freesync can be either on or off - simple. 

HP Recommended

First of all Game mode has very bad color look for me...my destination was Sync game mod in 75Hz with 10bits color in text mode.

I have a solution - Work 100 % for ME:

1. Go to the OSD menu - >QV - select Gaming mode (bad color awfull mode :D) press OK button on monitor

2. In Windows go to graphic propertions and select 75 Hz

3. Go to the OSD menu -> in MainMenu  select the brightness and  press + or -  press button to save and after that go to Color control -> quick view and select text mode or photo mode (better color) ATTANTION - DONT PRESS ANY BUTTON TO OK!!!! After 30sec (default value to disapear osd menu) osd menu disapear and show information save as custom! 

4. MOST IMPORTANT SETUP IS: Go to the OSD MainMenu > Input control > DP Hot-plug detection > select ALWAYS ACTIVE AND PRESS OK OR SAVE BUTTON.

When u turn off and on monitor save as custom mode (gamemod in text mode with freesync and 75hz) will still WORK.

Sorry for bad english....I hope it helps someone.

Ony one bad thing is when shut down elektricity must setup this again...

HP Recommended

Yeh that's the workaround that was already posted here quite a while back. It's only a temporary fix that you have to keep doing on a regular basis (Multiple things can cause it to have to be redone. Power cycles are only one of those things). What we need is an actual firmware fix so we don't have to keep doing the workaround. HP have done their best not to acknowledge the issue though and it's clear they won't fix it. I and others have decided not to buy their products anymore due to this. I recommend you do the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.