Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 32 32-inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an Omen 32" Display today. 

I really like the colors in the Text Mode-Preset, BUT it always disables FreeSync in that mode. 

I do not like the colors in Gaming Mode and I can´t replicate the Text-Mode Colors in the Custom Mode.  

Is there a way to enable FreeSync permanently in Text-Mode or a way to make Custom have the colors from Text-Mode? 

Thanks for your help

47 REPLIES 47
HP Recommended

@Rasmus_

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you need to change the settings on Omen 32 FreeSync and Text-Mode, 

To clarify, have you attempted to change the options under the catalyst center to customize to your preferences?
If you haven't, please go through the settings mentioned below:

On the right side of the screen, there are 3 buttons, press the "+" button in the middle twice and select Gaming, save your settings and you should get a notification to enable free sync. 

Gaming_mode.PNG

You can then go into the AMD catalyst control center and change the settings under gaming and others, according to your preferences:

freesync.PNG

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I want to enable FreeSync in Text-mode though.
Gaming mode looks awful. I now change to Gaming Mode after booting to enable freesync and change back to Textmode and it stays enabled. But this cant be a permanent solution.
HP Recommended

Hello, @Rasmus_

Thanks for the reply! I am @Dvortex. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

We understand that this is not a permanent solution. We need a little time to research and come up with a perfect solution.

Alternatively, please check this forum thread discussing a similar issue for a possible solution: http://hp.care/2m6dDRZ  

Let us know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Why is this so difficult for HP? Lg has an app that connects to the Firmware directly  from the desktop app, I don't understand why these things aren't already linked by an middleware app, that communicates directy with the monitor settings/firmware?  This is the solution to all of your problems have someone make a small app, that communicates with the settings that you can just click an icon and turn it on or off?  Simple for one of your engineers? right?  Why if its's supported by AMD Officially isn't there an option to select the HP modes? already through AMD Crimson?  This should be obvious to anybody in R&D?    Love the monitor, wish you guys would amend this one little issue.

Thanks, Dave Janowiec.

HP Recommended

Hi! @WuShu101,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey man. I figured it out how to get both running at the same time.

HP... just so you know you really flubbed it with the firmware on this monitor.

• What you want to do is enable gaming mode aka freesync via the monitor OSD quick view settings.
  • Then make sure you are running at 75hz in Windows.
  • Now navigate use the monitor OSD to browse to text mode.
  • Next open up the Radeon settings.
  • Toggle Freesync on and then off in the Radeon settings
  • Let the OSD timeout while text mode is still selected
  • You can verify the 75hz without frameskip on https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping
    • (this monitor can't do 75hz without frameskip if freesync isn't working)
  • When the monitor OSD times out it will say it saved your settings as custom and the colors should stay in text mode while the screen is also in freesync mode!

I was surprised to find that while doing the ufo frameskip test at 75hz, if I switched through the "quick view" settings on the monitor and highlighted text mode, that freesync stayed on while the colors improved (with the osd still up), but once I saved the settings or let the OSD time out, the screen would reconnect with windows and quick sync would turn off. I kept trying to trick the monitor to stay at the color setting while keeping freesync on. Using the above steps I was able to do that.

Freesync colors look like trash. Try these steps and hopefully you can trick your monitor into working as well - even though we shouldn't have to jump through these hoops HP. Good thing I found this "bug".

HP Recommended

Hey man. I figured it out how to get both running at the same time.

• What you want to do is enable gaming mode aka freesync via the monitor OSD quick view settings.
  • Then make sure you are running at 75hz in Windows.
  • Now navigate use the monitor OSD to browse to text mode.
  • Next open up the Radeon settings.
  • Toggle Freesync on and then off in the Radeon settings
  • Let the OSD timeout while text mode is still selected
  • You can verify the 75hz without frameskip on https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping
    • (this monitor can't do 75hz without frameskip if freesync isn't working)
  • When the monitor OSD times out it will say it saved your settings as custom and the colors should stay in text mode while the screen is also in freesync mode!

I was surprised to find that while doing the ufo frameskip test at 75hz, if I switched through the "quick view" settings on the monitor and highlighted text mode, that freesync stayed on while the colors improved (with the osd still up), but once I saved the settings or let the OSD time out, the screen would reconnect with windows and quick sync would turn off. I kept trying to trick the monitor to stay at the color setting while keeping freesync on. Using the above steps I was able to do that.

Freesync colors look like terrible. Try these steps and hopefully you can trick your monitor into working as well - even though we shouldn't have to jump through these hoops HP. Good thing I found this "bug".

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem. FreeSync will only be enabled in gaming mode, but the colours look bad, especially greens which get way over saturated! Thing is, this monitor is actually capable of doing text mode colours with FreeSync enabled. If I enable gaming mode, I can see that FreeSync is enabled in the AMD software, now in the menu when I go to Colour Control>Quick View and highlight "Text" mode, I get the Text mode colours and FreeSync stays enabled. As soon as I let the menu timeout or manually select Text mode, FreeSync will then get turned off. But like I said, as long as the menu is on the screen, you can have the Text mode look with FreeSync enabled. That is proof the monitor can do both at the same time. So as far as I can tell, what we have here is an issue with the firmware.

HP - Have you released a firmware update to fix this issue?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

So there was a step that I left out that I didn't realize. Once you can get it into Freesync mode and have switched it into the regular color mode, with the osd menu still up go into the brightness/contrast and adjust the backlight brightness to a different setting - I liked 80. Save that setting and then let the menu time out and it should stay in Freesync mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.