Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870-241
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
What cable do I need to connect the pc to a vga Monitor? I tried the hdmi ports and no signal. There is no std vga port. It looks like maybe a digital port?
Brand new pc that powers up but I have no way to boot. HP does not have a printed manual: cheap! HELP! Thanks.
Jim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cact25 wrote:
Monitor is an HP 24W. Video is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060.

Hi,

All internal port are disable due to the GTX 1060 which has

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

You can connect your monitor to other HDMI port.

gtx1060.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine only has 2 HDMI out ports at the back

Figure : Thimphu-K back I/O panel
Thimphu-K back I/O panel
  1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. LAN (Ethernet)
  3. USB 2.0: 2
  4. HDMI out: 2
  5. USB 3.0: 2
  6. Audio: Line in
  7. Audio: Line out
  8. Audio: Microphone

Source:  https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05378083

Your monitor does not have HDMI port, does it have other ports ? What is your monitor (brand, model) ?

(a) If it only has VGA port, you need a converter from HDMI to VGA or from USB to VGA.

(b) If it also has DVI port. Please buy a HDM-DVI cable similar to the following cable

http://cplonline.com.au/alogic-1m-dvi-d-to-hdmi-cable-male-to-male.html

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
The Monitor has vga and hdmi ports. The pc has 2 hdmi ports and the video card has a non vga (digital?) port. Neither hdmi port has a video signal on it. Everything is new. I cannot boot the pc without a Monitor.
HP Recommended
Monitor is an HP 24W.
HP Recommended

@Cact25

Yes, the monitor has VGA and HDMI port

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05415696

A single standard HDMI cable to connect from computer will do the job

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Cact25 wrote:

Hi,

All internal port are disable due to the GTX 1060 which has

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

You can connect your monitor to other HDMI port.

gtx1060.png

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
I finally got thru to support and they told me hdmi 1&2 are disabled, to use the hdmi port under the video port. Now I can finally boot!
HP Recommended
Thanks for the help and suggestions. HP should have put a sticker on the case telling which ports are disabled and which port to use for the monitor!
Can hdmi 1&2 be enabled?
HP Recommended

@Cact25 wrote:
Thanks for the help and suggestions. HP should have put a sticker on the case telling which ports are disabled and which port to use for the monitor!
Can hdmi 1&2 be enabled?

Hi,

Machine only has 1 (one) HDMI port but it has 3 DP (display ports). You can use DP to connect to monitor(s).

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.