Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation (3AQ05AV)
Linux

Since about one year, I have an HP Z2 Mini G4. Today I wanted to connect a second monitor to it. I noticed then that it only has one display port, the other two display port connectors are blocked/closed. Is this because I might have ordered a cheaper/simpler model of the computer that only supports one monitor? If so, is it possible to upgrade the computer to support 2 monitors?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my Z2 mini G4 Performance model (3AQ05AV / Windows 10 Professionnel 64 bits Version: 17763.973).

An old post was created about that problem but the solution was not published :

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Only-one-display-p...

Did you found a solution ?

Regards,

Nico.

HP Recommended

Hi!

My HP Z1 Mini G4 model is "Mini Performance – no Nvidia/AMD graphics". It has only one DisplayPort. According to the technical specs it is possible to connect up to two display on this model by getting and installing an HP Port Flex IO card either with a DisplayPort connector or with an HDMI connector.

I bought this card: HP HDMI Port Flex IO (400/600/), article nr 3TK74AA. It costed about 15 EUR. I installed it in the computer and it works very well. I have now two displays connected the computer. 

Johan

HP Recommended

Hi Johan/JN55,

I already installed a Thunderblot interface int the Flex IO port.

By default, the Z2 mini G4 has 3 display port and it seems that only one is operational.

The two others should be.

I will try to contact HP support.

Regards,

Nicolas.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.